Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oprah's Farewell


Gig and I watched together...

As I was laying on the ground trying to take this picture I had to say out loud, "Oh, Mom, I know you're laughing your ass of right now watching me do this." (The tulips in the background? Dan brings 'em home every week since they were Gig's faves...good man.) (The mountain of crap on the table? That's all me.)

I think Oprah may have inspired me to return to this blog. Long-winded explanation of my absence coming soon. (And if not, then there will be a long-winded explanation of the absence of the aforementioned long-winded explanation coming less soon...)

8 comments:

Sassy said...

Missed you! Cute apartment! XO

Jen V said...

Oprah was certainly moving. She said things that made me think..."you are right". Teaching up to the last minute. So you had a "aha" moment.
Love that Danny is so good to you. It's the little things that go a long way.
No explaination needed for you not being on here. Not for me at least.
Come join me with your board shorts this summer at the beach. We can talk or not talk-which ever you are in the mood for.
Love yah!

Anonymous said...

please tell me you rock stripper moves on that pole.

ellieb said...

i love your gorgeous shiny floors :)
i will take whatever little or long posts you are willing to share...keep the faith sister xo

Lola Mellowsky said...

Sassy---Thanks for the approval! I was feeling so exposed!

Jen---You're the sweetest. I will definitely be board-shorting it at the beach with you all at some point. I can't remember the last time I was at Second Beach...it's been years. Not right. Thanks for always getting it.

Anonymous--- You know, it doesn't show in the picture, but those poles actually have quite some girth so it really requires a lot of inner thigh strength to really work 'em like a pole oughta be worked...and yes, I rock those poles every night.

Ellie B---Those floors had just been washed for the first time since, well, I'm way too uncomfortable to admit...xoxo

Lor said...

As much as I was prepared to write about the Oprah post, I was sidetracked by the fact that I just realized that you and I share the same rug. Of course we do...

Anonymous said...

Sipping tea with you and holding your hand. And of course laughing at you taking the picture. love you Lo!

Ame

Nancy said...

Lola, Always good to see a new blog, always understandable when you take a break... You do what you need to, but know we're always here to read/ listen!! xoxo Nancy