Friday, November 14, 2014

Still Halloween around these parts








I’m confused lately about what year we're in.  This is typically a January/February problem, not a November one.  Though the struggle is whether it’s 2014 or 2015 so at least I’m rounding to the correct wrong year.  I think this says a lot about what I think about 2014 and also probably something about how irrelevant a concept time has become since my mom died.  But instead of making it a big, lofty whoop and giving myself shit for not being present, I’m going to pretend Halloween is still newsworthy.  Two weeks ago is pretty much the present moment anyway.















If ebola can make a comeback then I can still post about Halloween.










Dan and I went all out—entirely for our own benefit.  There were three small handfuls of kids who came trick-or-treating before 6pm and then not a one.  So basically we, the childless couple on the corner, looked a little fucking nuts and a little fucking sad. It left me feeling strangely disappointed and because I couldn’t recognize that or get in touch with what I was feeling, I picked a fight. 






Not my most reasonable moment.  But it's in the past.




























Look how fun we made it!  (There was a flashing light in the window!)  (We really looked crazy!)









The problem now is that we don't feel like putting anything away.



They look so orphaned.  (Note the leaf issue...)



Plus, Dan is still so impressed with his dummy.


My dad would be so proud.



I have a feeling it will be rocking a Christmas hat soon.
And prouder still.




He looks like he wants to stay there year-round.

He doesn't care about time either...

I smell a Spew mascot.






























No comments: