Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gone cheek-squeezing

This is just a cell phone shot. Wait 'til I show you this kid's smile...

Left early Monday morning for a five-day jaunt to Ohio to visit with my sister, soon-to-be brother-in-law, step-niece (who's 14 and fabulous) and, of course, my new chunky monkey of a niece, Savannah Jeanne. I needed to meet this child, my family, face-to-face and she is delicious. (I actually met her almost a year ago. I had a dream that Katie had a little baby girl; a week later she found out she was pregnant.) I'm sure there will be lots and lots of female bonding to report on as my sister, nieces and I celebrate the sisterhood.

For now I'll leave you with a note Dan wrote to Katie prior to my arrival:

Hi Katie,

After serious consideration, I have decided to let Lola come visit you next week in Ohio. However, I would like to set a few ground rules for her visit:

1. She requires 1/4 pound of bacon served at least once a day.

2. She has a tricky spot on her back where I usually have to scrub with a loofah. You will need to scrub this for her.

3. For her meditation purposes, she requires absolute quiet from 6a to 10a everyday. You and Savvy J may need to leave the house during that time so as not to disrupt.

4. Please do not let her watch any shows on VH1, The Bachelor Franchise or any other similar trash.

5. When she says she is going out for coffee, she is usually going out to score crack. Do whatever it takes to stop her from going.

6. Lights out at 8 PM - no exceptions.

7. Since the incident, you should perform a thorough lice check on her every morning and every night.

8. She has a habit of drinking from the milk carton and spitting back in. Keep your eyes out.

9. Don't feed her beans! You'll be sorry.

10. She talks a lot about squeezing and eating Savvy J's cheeks. You should be vigilant for Savvy J's well being.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I am sad I won't be there. Can't wait to see you.

-Daniel, your brother.


Daniel, my (funny, funny) husband, we are sad you're not here, too. You are missed.

5 comments:

kidtaco said...

Y'all are missed too, especially the redhead.

Lola Mellowsky said...

Savvy is a redhead...

kidtaco said...

Well as cute as she is, I still miss my little red head

Margaret said...

I think perhaps you and Dan should collaborate on a book of lists, they are always hysterical!

Lola Mellowsky said...

Thanks, Margaret! It's definitely fun. When we did that list of admissions way back when for facebook, it started as this funny little game we were playing---sort of a what's the most inappropriate thing we can disclose on facebook, type of thing. We're just a couple of kids who can't pay attention in class sometimes... Glad you like 'em!