Saturday, April 7, 2012

My dad is dying.

I hope she takes him soon.

The hospital bed was brought in today, we had to lift him onto it. He slept and barely spoke and swallowed down spoonfuls of ice cream while we all sat around him. It is just past midnight now and I can hear his gentle snoring from where I sit on the kitchen floor. Since I was a little kid I've loved this spot---right next to the floor heater; right next to my mom's seat at the kitchen table.

This is a very strange movie. And yet I've seen it before.

I will keep you all posted as best I can. I know his loved ones are checking in.

Sweet, sweet dreams to you all.

6 comments:

Lor said...

My heart is dying for you all and for my sweet old man...I love you all.

Sassy said...

We are all praying for you girls. Holding you all close to our hearts. We love you all.
Steph, Matt
& girls

Nancy Manchester said...

Many hugs for you all... xo Nancy

Jen V said...

Five of the worlds best women at his side.
I'm sure Gigi is sitting on his bed holding his hand. Peace and love to you. XOXO

jeavallone said...

So very, very sorry Laura. Gigi is the light that will guide him.

Talk2mrsh said...

May tender mercies surround all of you. Love you, Lo, all there is.