Saturday, June 23, 2012



It might kind of be cheating to post this video here since it already had its Facebook premiere and some of you have seen it---but, c'mon, it needed a Spew showing.

Plus---who knows?---maybe the next owner of this here MicroMachine (remember, if it doesn't say MicroMachine it's not the real thing) is one of us! (Or one of your friends who was just telling you how as a kid she always wished that she would grow up to drive the Barbie Dream Car.)

Dan bought the car for himself when I was living in New York. I came up to NH for a visit and we were walking from the train station where he picked me up to what I assumed would be his regular car (a black VW Beetle nonconvertible)----and there it was. Surprise. (It was dark out so it took me a minute to notice...) We've gone on some fun drives in the seven years since then. And nobody loved this car more than GiG. But we inherited my dad's Jeep Liberty so it seemed like time to say good bye to the bug. (Though I am kind of digging being a three-car family...choosing which car to drive each day conjures the childhood joy of picking a cereal for breakfast.)

Anywho, I'm heading down to RI for an overnight at my parents' house. Dan and I feel a sense of duty to tend to their gardens since it's the first summer that neither of them are here to do it. If any of you guys down there are interested in looking at the car, we'll be down there next week too. (Just shoot me an e-mail with LOLA MELLOWSKY IS A BADASS in the subject line.

I'm not trying to be Sally Salesperson here, I just figured I would put it out there. Plus, I'm hoping the video is enough fun to pardon the fact that I've just posted my first ad at The Spew.

Thanks for the "Baby Steps" sugar, y'all. Here's to more of 'em!

P.S. We've already lowered the price of the car (since making the video) to $6,000. And there may be a SPEW discount...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha live it! ...hadn't seen on YouTube

Mart

becky.breslin said...

This video cracks me up...you guys (you and Dan!) belong with each other...nuff said!

Anonymous said...

So very, very glad you are back. I wanted to reach out when your father passed away, but I was afraid you and The Spew were in a place that was impossible to reach. I must confess I was speechless at the breadth and scope of your unimaginable grief. I feared any condolences I could offer would be woefully inadequate in the face of such blinding sorrow. I often checked the Spew, never really imagining you would be there. I am so very, very glad you are back! Straight-Up-Stranger

Lola Mellowsky said...

Mart and Benny---Glad you got a laugh. (At least something came of it, seeing as we haven't sold the car.)

Straight-Up-Stranger: Saying that you just did not know what to say about a grief so big, was about as perfect a thing as anyone has said. It validated everything I feel about the "breadth and scope" of this grief. Sometimes---often---I don't even have the words. The "unimaginable" is now "imaginable" (and even still kind of not) and it is not something I can put words to, so I understand why you couldn't either. What I'm getting at here is---thank you. Thank you for being honest, for validating my pain, and for showing up here. I'm glad you kept checking.