Saturday, December 5, 2009

An e-mail from the hubby. (I hate the word hubby.)


It makes me feel like I'm sleeping with a Saturday morning cartoon character. (Young Lola's version of this song went, "Gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere, they're not even wearing underwear...")

I also don't enjoy the terms "wifey" or "The Mrs." One time, as a joke, Dan called me "Mother" and I called my lawyer. Still, it's e-mails like the following one he sent me the other day, that make me enjoy him so.

Subject: Our Christmas Weekend‏
From: Dan Lederer
Sent: Tue 12/01/09 11:33 AM
To: Laura Mellow


Saturday:
Morning: Workout – Morning Pages – General Lola “things”
12:00: Set up tree and decorate (think cozy music)
4:00: Break with cheese, crackers and wine
5:00: Go to Exeter Christmas Parade
7:00: Home for Dinner and Wine
8:00: Watch tree and NyQuil.
(A new running joke in the Mellederer home. The other night in bed he said, "I'm ready for my NyQuil" and when I laughed him off---and rolled over---he said, "You're all talk.")

Sunday
Morning: Workout – Morning Pages – General Lola “things”
11:00: Brunch in Portsmouth (Mimosas?)
1:00: Christmas Story at The Music Hall http://www.themusichall.org/calendar/event_detail.asp?eventID=887
3:30: Home to watch tree. Christmas Cards? Blog?

You in?




I'm in.

It just started snowing. Perfect. Last night I changed into my jammies at 7pm and we ordered Chinese food, shared a bottle of red and watched a movie. After we toasted I said, "This is what I hoped being married would be."

Same goes for this weekend...

Love,
The Old Ball and Chain

2 comments:

becky.breslin said...

ohhhhhh....I love, love, love that you are married to Dan lederer! I love that guy, I love that e-mail, I love your cute as hell relationship, I love that you guys enjoy and appreciate the small moments in life, I love that you go to the tree lighting even though you don't have kids, I love that you guys are festive together...I mostly love that you are our NH family and I get to enjoy you guys more than most of our families!!! Love you guys!

Lola Mellowsky said...

We love you too, Benny. Hopefully you'll be able to make it out this way so we can go to that Christmas store because I think you need it for nourishment. For the Mellederers, it's all about the small moments. And, btw, we had travel mugs of wine at the Christmas parade so at least we felt somewhat like adults. Great, great weekend.