Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lifetime's Best



Do yourself a favor and watch this whole clip. You won't regret it.

Since Meredith Baxter Birney is the Spew's unofficial spokesperson, I count her coming out as my victory. (There's no sense to be made of it but it's just the way I feel.) My sisters and I often invent words and expressions that we use seamlessly in a strange sort of sister language (that Dan, remarkably, is somehow learning). (Mellictionary to come...) It is a common occurrence to get on the phone with one of them and hear her (any of 'em) say, "I just totally pulled a Meredith Baxter Birney," and I know that she has just overeaten and is referencing the above movie and we move on to the next topic without missing a beat.

Hearing her name in the news still makes me happy and I'm glad she came out. 62-years-old. Power to her and everyone else still trying to figure out things as they go.

3 comments:

Big Chirl said...

WOW LO~ I seriously was brought back to my 80's roots just then!! Thank you soooo much for that posting!! It's funny cause I've been thinking about my roots a lot lately and with Xmas coming it's putting me in a good place..... Especially the memories of me & you making up our own little dances to our favorate Christmas songs!! Sorry for the rant- had to tell you, and I LOVE you!!!

becky.breslin said...

lo..what's so funny is that I don't even associate her to Family Ties as much as I associate her to that bulimia movie given that is our word for binging and purging!!
Nonetheless...good for her!

Lola Mellowsky said...

Chirl: Never apologize for your comments. I love 'em all day. Glad the 80's nostalgia gets you like it gets me. I love the grainy quality of the Lifetime movie. I've been searching for the Jane Fonda workout song but no luck yet. And maybe we'll have a Christmas dance party when you get up here for Christmas.

Bec--- I would like to know where you were when you saw this movie? At mom and dad's house? I'm wondering what point in life this was for you. There's also another fabulous one where she's a drug-addicted nurse. Good stuff. Speaking of, did you watch Nurse Jackie?