Monday, May 18, 2009

You've got to set goals.

With a high school reunion only five days away (yeah, we’ll get to that) and having recently celebrated my birthday (plus that whole “geriatric pregnancy” thing), I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting on how I have spent the last 28 years. Not one to wallow in the past (lie), I’ve decided to instead focus on the future. The following is a list of 28 things I would like to accomplish in my next 28 years of life.

1) Dabble in polygamy.

2) Ride a zebra.

3) Invent a cure for old people smell.

4) Win Survivor and use the money to start a clothing line for overweight pets.

5) Vote.

6) Catch and spread platypus flu.

7) Pick a favorite sister.

8) Taxidermy something.

9) Immaculate Conception.

10) Play Meredith Baxter-Birney in the Meredith Baxter-Birney Story on Lifetime.

11) Watch someone who’s dancing like nobody’s watching.

12) Drink like nobody’s watching.

13) Decimate a species.

14) Fake my death.

15) Rise again.

16) Develop camouflage gym wear featuring elliptical gray.

17) Change clothes in front of my husband.

18) Perfect my dolphin taco recipe.

19) Get a therapy referral from David Duchovny.

20) Carve my initials into an endangered tree.

21) Invent a swear.

22) Mount Woody’s head on my wall.

23) Take kazoo lessons.

24) Work on my Patronus.

25) Grow out my eyebrows for world peace.

26) Abolish the low-rise movement.

27) Sleep my way down the corporate ladder.

28) Retire at 29.


2 comments:

Talk2mrsh said...

I love the list. I'm also working on #17, so I wish you luck.

Lola Mellowsky said...

Maybe once we stop sleeping in separate beds a la Mary Tyler Moore this will get easier...