Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let's reunite already.

Exeter, NH---a view from my daily walk
I spent the early morning sitting at my little table by the window writing in my journal and drinking a cup of good coffee. Over the mourning doves and wind rustling through the new leaves, I could hear the train passing through my sweet New England town, a place I love and feel I "discovered." Ten years ago at this time I felt very lost when those around me seemed to know exactly what is was they wanted. When people asked where I thought I'd be in 10 years I would try to explore the thought and churned up mostly blankness. I couldn't have known it then---I didn't have the insight or perspective...or maybe I just didn't have the vocabulary---but all that time I thought I was so lost, I really wasn't. I just didn't know how to say that in 10 years I hope I'll be...exactly wherever it is that I am. And I can say, quite certainly on this particular peaceful Saturday morning (and maybe only for a minute), that I am there. P.S. It's a Christmas miracle---the sty seems to be clearing up. God's status has been downgraded from wicked prick to someone who deserves a good finger wagging.

2 comments:

Talk2mrsh said...

This post got me all verklempt! You have discovered, if only for a second (and in reality, we only get to keep it that long), the secret to a good life. Wherever you go, there you are. Have a great time and tell the class of '99 that Ms. H is still rockin' it!

p.s. I love the word identification I have to type in to post comments - I swear it looks as if you made them up - today's word - ovolerc. I think it's some kind of gynecological term for that feeling you get when you're ovulating.

Lola Mellowsky said...

That only for a second thing can kill you though, huh? I can read this and know I was there and then two hours later be losing mind over the silliest thing. So it goes. I'm glad you felt me.

p.s. I better get to bed, I'm feeling all ovolerc up in here and I want to capitalize on it...