Saturday, May 30, 2009

No, this article wasn't helpful. Thanks for asking.

   A bunch of people (millions, really) have told me that they've been unable to comment at the end of posts and it's in-fucking-furiating mainly because I know nothing about computers and therefore have no idea how to "troubleshoot" this little problemo. I poked around on the Blogger website to see if there was anything I could do and the article I found made me want to "troubleshoot" myself in the fucking head. (Sorry, we swear here. Especially when the computer is being a smartass to the human.)  I tried to post an excerpt of the article here but apparently all those numbers and letters mean something to the computer so it was read as code instead of as a Bingo card. Basically, the article went all Good Will Hunting on my ass.  Stick with me though, folks. I'm going to go out and buy "Blogs for Assholes" and hopefully we'll make some progress. Please keep trying though (c'mon, you know that's my favorite part) and also let me know if you continue to have problems so I don't develop a complex...I mean so I can resolve the problem.  For now I'm going to hand this glitch off to the IT Department (Dan) who is the sole reason at this point that this blog has any line breaks at all.  My boy's wicked smart.

4 comments:

Talk2mrsh said...

I think the first time I wanted to comment I had to register in some way with an email account. I'm still not sure exactly what I did but it was definitely more than simply post a comment. Did you get rid of the security words? They were so much fun and they also will keep you from getting robo-spam on your comments since a real person has to decode that. Besides, they often appealed to my juvenile sense of humor since they often looked like a medical term for wee-wees or hoo-hoos.

Lola Mellowsky said...

I did get rid of the word verification because some people said that it wasn't actually showing them a word to retype. I thought maybe this was the problem. But it felt like a loss for me too, so now they're back so we can ovulurk and rejact to our hearts' content. (Ha! Wee-wees and hoo-hoos!) Thanks for the feedback...I'll ask people about the whole signing in thing.

Margaret said...

My problem seems to have cleared itself up, I think it was something with my google account, maybe it had become inactive, it had my info but I had to half re-sign up. I was having problems seeing the verification word but haven't had a problem in quite awhile. My word today is insche...is that a word to describe a less diminutive wee wee?

Lola Mellowsky said...

Haha..."diminutive wee-wee." Love that. I am so enjoying that there is toilet humor here. (Did anyone, by chance, catch the "math problem" I am working out in this picture? I've been drawing that same image since I was 15-years old.) Anywho, thanks for the feeback on this, Margaret. I'm going to start encouraging people to set up accounts, I guess.