Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I have a new toy!




I plan on posting something later today explaining why I've been an absentee blogger (I never meant to hurt you, kid) but I was too excited about this to wait! Even though my birthday is not 'til the 30th (only three shopping days left, people) Dan decided to surprise me this morning with my gift since I'm heading to RI tomorrow and may not see him on Friday. He put the computer on my desk and left the envelope---beautiful letter enclosed---taped to my office door so that I saw it as soon as I woke up. (Wasn't gonna share but I'll throw you a bone 'cuz I'm feeling all schmaltzy: You are a writer, my love, and this is me saying I believe in you.) (Yes, I got verklempt.) (Yes, I thanked him.)

I don't know how to use it yet but I'm pretty sure this is the machine on which I will write whatever it is that makes me my millions. (Macs come with a gigabyte of creative genius already built-in.)

I had been thinking about converting to Mac all month (my Dell is going to have to be put down soon) but we both decided I should wait until it made more sense financially (and until black smoke started coming out of the Dell). Apparently, all the advertisements for PC deals he has been e-mailing these past few weeks were all part of his scheme to throw me off the scent.

Well played, sir.

Seriously though, how great is that man?

P.S. I won't let you down, bud.

(Oh, get a room!)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

When someone says that they get you, that they believe in you, that they know you can achieve your dream...magic will happen. Thank you to the DAN'S of the world.

Lola Mellowsky said...

Yes, thanks indeed. (Wait 'til I read you the letter... ) P.S. What's iChat and how will it affect our friendship?