Sunday, April 17, 2011

No "after" shots just yet...


And it might be a while.

It's just...I'm still surrounded by mess. My aunt, organizer extraordinaire, suggested a goal of two hours a day so that's all I can aim for at this point. I'm not gonna lie, I feel like shoving everything back in the closet. That's what I feel like doing but I won't...not yet. The overflow to the rest of the apartment is starting to take its toll on me. I wouldn't call myself a neat freak but I do require a certain level of environmental order especially if the goal is relaxation in said environment, which it usually is on the weekend. When Dan wants to hang on the couch and read books together but I can see messes shoved into corners, it's not good for me. I'll do it, but it's not good for me.

The sun is burning through the clouds now so a lazy Sunday seems unlikely (though don't count it out completely...Dan has power over me; he's the pull-you-back-into-bed type and I'm not always able to resist his snuggly magnetism). I am hoping for progress on the Spoffice front but I make no promises.

Dan and I used to have what we called "History Sundays" (I can't believe I'm admitting this) where we would spend a few hours (or an entire day) either watching documentaries about a period or event (think Ken Burns' series, "The War") or boning up on the geography/culture of a random place we'd pull out of the Sunday paper. It's been a long time since we've observed History Sunday but we discussed the possibility of hunkering down today and getting our history on. (Geek.) I think it's time I learned a little more about Libya though, let's be honest, I'm really just looking for an excuse to break out my colored pencils and geography coloring book. (You're really such a fucking geek.)

I don't know, it's 9am on a Sunday and I'm brainstorming here. I've got a blank slate ahead of me if I can manage to ignore laundry, spoffice implosion, groceries that need buying, e-mails that need writing, bills that need paying, floors that need vacuuming and washing, a world that needs dusting and a life that needs planning. If I can back-burner those trivial worries, then I'm quite sure the day is mine to fill as I see fit.

I find myself leaning towards History Sunday. I think I will find the unrest in Libya quite calming at this point.

Happy Sunday.

6 comments:

becky.breslin said...

Do it! Do it! Do it! I'm going to make cookies...and put aside all of the shizzle that needs tending to at my house! Tara just decided to come up for the day with Ben so they can see Rosie, so if you get tired of your Libya discussions...c'mon over! It will just be the 5 of us (Moll, Trox, Benny, and Rosie) hanging at the house, doing cookies for the Kira fundraiser tomorrow night, and having dinner. You are always welcome, but I vote for a lazy Sunday on your end!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ooooo....the Lazy Sunday is a must-have! I hope you did it!

I teased you on FB about having nightmares related to your spoffice, but I must admit we're in a bit of upheavel here as well. We're renovating the laundry/mudroom & pantry right now. This little project affects three, count 'em, THREE closets...all of which have been emptied into my dining room, study & a spare bedroom. I am pretty sure we could qualify for a show on hoarding if anyone walked thru the front door. Especially considering today my washer & dryer were actually in the living room. Frightening, to say the least.
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes to the chaos & just be.

BFYFM xo

Anonymous said...

Lookit, I was trying to be a supportive BF, assuming you were in a rut. I can only assume this since you completely neglected to invite me over last week for a dip in the tubby while you were on vacation at Breslin Island. We coulda eaten all those samoas together!
Truth be told...it's really no wonder you can't provide us with an updated blog because I believe those damn bobbleheads have you buried on the floor. If you do not provide me with an updated photo showing some sense of progress by Sunday, then I will be forced to drive over there and toss that shit right into the neighbor's trunk for disposal....you know the neighbor I am referring to...the one with the body in a bag.

BFYFM

Anonymous said...

Too early for spring cleaning...you're jumping the gun, that's the problem! When the time is right you'll know exactly what to do and bang that shit out in no time. I agree with BFYFM, "just be" for now...

(and FYI this chaos and mess is all to familiar to me. My house is at its worst right now! Think it's the time of year.)


Good luck!
Mart

Anonymous said...

Too early for spring cleaning...you're jumping the gun, that's the problem! When the time is right you'll know exactly what to do and bang that shit out in no time. I agree with BFYFM, "just be" for now...

(and FYI this chaos and mess is all to familiar to me. My house is at its worst right now! Think it's the time of year.)


Good luck!
Mart

kidtaco said...

Here is an idea for merchandising the Spew: Mellowsky Spew Bobbleheads! Everyone would want one!