Monday, April 4, 2011

This rocked my world today.



I am engaged in an extremely deep and quality writing project a massive closet clean-out (which I've started before only to ultimately shove everything back in...several times) and I watched/listened to this video Dan sent to me as I attempted to figure out what to do with the tank tops I broke out for the Miami trip. (Do I pack 'em back up because, let's face it, we're not there yet? Or do I keep 'em out because, let's face it, the idea of wearing them ever again makes me happy?) Anyway, this really got to me. (By the way, how 'bout the multitasking? Pairing closet douching with spiritual education? Get me while I'm hot, Oprah!)

5 comments:

jeavallone said...

not sure if i'm the lone ranger here, for i truly am computer illiterate, but no picture/video came in at all. just a big blank square

Anonymous said...

jeavallone, That sucks! Maybe you could try to watch directly from the website - ted.com??? Hope you have some luck!
LOVE Ted talks! That was great! As I chug wine and slam dates (at least it's healthy right?) in procrastination of studying for my quiz tomorrow. I get the beers and banana nut muffin...
But really, that talk was thought provoking. It will stay with me. Thanks again Lo!

-Mart

Lola Mellowsky said...

Hey Jane. Sorry for the empty box but I have no know-how on how to fix it. Maybe you can get there from here: http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Glad you liked it, Mart. I love the TED talks too. And wine and dates...no shame in that!

jeavallone said...

Thanks laura and mart. I got it and now that I have it I'm gonna keep it. Very interesting talk and a great website.

Jarvino said...

Hey! I just saw her talk in Austin recently. You would have loved loved loved it, Laura Mellow. I can send you my dorkily thorough notes if you'd like. (I was there with my boss.)