Thursday, June 18, 2009

Joe Lantana has seen better days.



Once upon a time Joe was inside and he was happy. He had lots of green leaves and was growing so big that Dan would knock into the branches every time he walked by him. (Often this would prompt me to yell, "Careful! You hit Joe!" and Dan said he felt like he was the victor in a long-fought fight when Joe was finally moved outside.)

Joe is not doing so well now. (Dan is fine.) After enduring heavy wind and rain, I had to take my pruning shears out (holla atcha Felco pruners) and trim many of his newest, most brittle (and now broken) shoots. The next day, after a full day of sun, more branches were lost due to Joe's drying out.

I knew it was going to be an adjustment but I never thought it would be this hard. I look out the window every day at him and just hope that I made the right decision and didn't push him out of the house before he was ready. I have a healthy Geranium who I'm supposed to put out there next and I'm just not sure I'm ready after this experience.

Umm, did I just give a shoutout to my pruners?

There's hope yet...

No comments: