Friday, June 12, 2009

Okay, I suck.

My sister Cherie used to dress me up as Axl Rose and make me sing this song. Watching this video, I can see the resemblance.

I knew I was going to have to slow down (and that I couldn't post videos forever) but this is really just ridiculous. There are comments to which I haven't responded, new readers I haven't welcomed (Welcome.) and trivial life events I haven't reported in painstaking detail. Really? Three weeks in and I'm on vacation?

There really is no excuse because the whole point of a blog is to keep up, but I can say that the past week has been full of crazy and I look forward to delivering when a minute opens itself up.

Here are a few highlights from the past week and a look at what should be coming soon to a Spew near you:

1) I received the results of a comprehensive allergy panel and have found out that I can no longer eat...food.

2) Similar testing shows conclusive evidence that I am no longer in menopause. Huh.

3) I totally used that self-scanning option at Stop and Shop where you take the little gun around the store and bag your groceries as you go. (I'm thinking that with shoplifting alone I should be able to shave $20 off our weekly grocery bill.)

4) I am going to a sleepova tomorrow night with a posse of women and I can't think of a richer place to find material. (Hopefully they'll offer up their drunken permission when I ask if I can quote them.)

So I am here in spirit and taking brain notes as I go. Hopefully it will all turn into a blob of writing soon. Stay with me people, stay with me...all ***13*** of you!

3 comments:

Talk2mrsh said...

Just this morning Bob and I were ranting that you had gotten us hooked and then left us like a dealer who doesn't quite get the point. Bob was online this morning and wondered, "Hey, where's the new spew?"

As far as allergies go, if you have to start looking for hard to find foods and are thinking Whole Foods is your only option, be sure to check out Trader Joe's - much less pricey. And their website gives a list by ingredient-free categories.

Big Chirl said...

LO- SO GLAD TO SEE YOU POST THAT VIDEO OF AXEL ROSE......AHHHH MEMORIES!!!! I'M THINKING YOUR NEW LOOK COULD BE TIGHT RED SPANDEX SHORTS AND A JESUS CHRIST SHIRT!!! KINDA EURO-TRASHY FASHION, BUT YOU COULD PULL IT OFF FO SHO!!! GLAD YOUR BACK ON IT, I LOVE READING YOUR WRITTING ALWAYS!!! I'M ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST FANS EVER..... AND REMEMBER- IF IT FEEEEELS GOOD, IT MUST BE IN THE FLOW AND IT MUST BE GOOD. SO STAY IN THAT PLACE OF FEEEEELING GOOD AND JUST LET THE WRITTING FLOW OUT OF YOU. ALWAYS STAY DOWN STREAM, TRY NOT TO PADDLE AGAINST THE CURRENT. THAT IS WHAT BEING IN THE NOW IS ALL ABOUT. LOVE YOU XOXOXXO

Hope this doesn't sound too preachy..... Just puttin' in my 2 cents sissle.

Lola Mellowsky said...

V-dawg: Hopefully I won't be taking any more extended breaks. I just gotta stay on it even if it's just a bit here and there. Thanks for hanging on!

Chirly: Not preachy at all! I always appreciate the feedback and your words of wisdom as I'm always trying to find my way back to the flow. Thanks again for reading this shizzle, it means a lot to me.
And thanks for dressing me as Axl Rose---built character fo sho!