Friday, February 3, 2012

How could I possibly say no?

Left on my computer this morning by Dan...

Does it kind of look like I'm inviting you to our clothing optional reading party tomorrow morning? (And did I ever tell you about the time I was propositioned by the female half of a couple whom I knew to be swingers to join them some Sunday morning to read the paper in the nude on their patio?) (The gall! Newsprint smudges!) While I'm not inviting you (you can exhale now), I do encourage you to have your own reading party. Here's how it works: books, coffee, bed, waffles (optional) until noon (the earliest). If you have kids, skip soccer practice and let 'em join the party! (Clothing is not optional in this scenario*.)

Is there any better way to spend a Saturday morning?

*Lola Mellowsky Enterprises strongly discourages nakedness as a general practice and is not responsible for any life scarring and/or mental health issues that result from naked family reading parties. Please do not be naked in front of your kids ever. And if you choose to, at least put on some clothes first.

6 comments:

Matthew said...

I'm on my way...I'm in between you and Dan!!

Sassy said...

Those aren't pillows.......

Jen V said...

I long for those days!
I do have to say I did take full advantage before I had the kids!Although I never did the nude reading thing.
Enjoy your endless hours of reading and please add glass of wine to it very soon!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you right now that if I invited my hubs to a Reading Party and said clothing was optional...there would be no clothing allowed and no reading to be had, fo sho. I might just copycat Dan! Genius! Can you take the kids? Cause my boys don't know what Naked Mommy looks like (although there have been a handful of times they almost found out). And they certainly don't need to witness Naked, Not Really Reading Mommy...although there have been a handful of times they almost witnessed that, too.)

xo
JayDee (as you now call me!), formerly known as Sistah from Anothah so the rest of you can catch up.

P.S. My word verification is xessee...now you're calling me sexy in code? :)

becky.breslin said...

I want a naked reading party! Even more, I want a reading party on the beach...I long for the warms, sunny days on the beaches or Newport and Chatham....ahhhhh thanks for bringing to this moment...even if just for a moment!

Anonymous said...

This sounds divine. Love that Dan (or do you call him Uncle Jesse during reading parties?) did this for you. So sweet!!!

xoxo
Amy
yup still can't remember my password