Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas, Mama


If I should ever leave you whom I love
To go along the Silent Way, grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
Of me as if I were beside you there...

And when you hear a song or see a bird
I loved, please do not let the thought of me
Be sad...For I am loving you just as
I always have...You were good to me!

There are so many things I wanted still
To do---so many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear---it was
Just leaving you that was so hard to face...

We cannot see beyond...But this I know:
I loved you so---'twas heaven here with you!

-Isla Paschal Richardson

8 comments:

jeavallone said...

Thanks for that beautiful poem-so perfectly expressed. I love the picture of Gigi-still the girl I knew from so long ago

Anonymous said...

The pictures, the poem...the whole darn thing kills me. The words to this poem are so beautiful that I found myself reading & re-reading. I love seeing these pictures of her being the fun loving mother & person she was always. I adore the dvd Becky made for each of us with all the pictures of her. Just to say she (can't bring myself to use past tense) IS my Auntie makes me proud. Thanks for sharing Lola. I wish you & Dan nothing but health & happiness in the New Year. Love you xoxo
Beth the Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Speechless is all I can say....Love you ALWAYS..........&
forever

Anonymous said...

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Jen V said...

Beautiful Laura! xoxo

becky.breslin said...

I love this poem, Losey...made me cry...love the words...and love you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, Lo....
Happy New Year, my friend!

Sistah
xo

Lor said...

Perfection...love you Lo.